(CONTRACT - PART-TIME)
“THE HAMILTON NETWORK” is Cable 14’s flagship local magazine-style show and we’re looking for a motivated self-starter with that “IT factor” who can create a strong, authentic connection with our audiences.
If you are a fresh, outgoing brand ambassador with an aptitude for on-camera presentation, live interviewing, and thinking in the moment, this is an exciting opportunity for you. If you are community-focused and can build relationships and help elevate our presence within the community to that next level, we want to meet you!
The ideal candidate will have experience as a television host or master of ceremonies coupled with a passion for community and brand awareness.
A strong social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, etc.) will be an asset.
- Co-host THE HAMILTON NETWORK on Cable 14 - Hamilton
- Conduct professional, engaging and well-researched on-air interviews with a variety of guests in-studio and/or on-location;
- Contribute to the selection, preparation and production of content;
- Constantly look for ways to create engaging content using a variety of creative approaches to good storytelling;
- Host additional special event coverage (Election Debates, Civic Affairs programming) as required;
- Contribute in a positive way to all internal and external communications.
- Build positive public relations and partnerships in order to maximize the positive impact on the community, shareholders, and company in general;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Communications/Broadcasting or related experience
- Previous on-air experience in a broadcast environment and/or hosting public events
- Intimate familiarity with Hamilton, its local communities, issues, newsmakers & community groups
- Valid Class G license with excellent driving and workplace safety records
- Self-motivated with superior time management skills, able to deliver under pressure
- Willingness to work cooperatively as a member of a small team, offering ideas and suggestions and assisting other team members as needed
- Strong computer software skills and aptitude in Google Workspace
If you are interested in applying for this challenging role, please submit a cover letter, current resume and link to your demo reel no later than Monday, September 6, 2021.
Cable 14 is a local specialty channel showcasing the Greater Hamilton area as the best place to live, work, play and learn, by promoting innovation, engaging citizens and providing an avenue for diverse voices and choices. We are included at no additional charge with a cable television subscription to Cogeco or Rogers Cable. Our viewing area includes Hamilton, Ancaster, Dundas, Binbrook, Stoney Creek, and parts of Flamborough, as well as the surrounding communities of Caledonia, Cayuga, Dunnville, and Hagersville.